- COMING SOON - Sign up for Updates
- A gravel grinder that loves adventure as much as it loves your daily commute
- 38mm Panaracer tires and wide riser bars combine for ultimate stability
- Includes Avid disc brakes and fenders for all-weather riding
- Sturmey Archer 3-speed trigger shift hub tuned for stop-and-go city riding
- Braze-ons for front and rear racks
- Cargo edition also includes Bad-assket cargo bars, wheel stabilizer, double leg kickstand, and anti-theft screws
- Note: this product is currently in beta testing. The bike pictured does not match the cargo edition spec exactly. Pricing and spec may change before final release.
When will the Daily Grind be available? We're hoping for late 2017. But designing a bike that will earn the Modeo Seal of Approval is not easy. In the end all we can say for sure is that it will be ready when it's ready.
What can I do to help make the Daily Grind a reality? Nothing moves a Modeo project forward more than interested customers. If you want the Daily Grind in your stable sign up for updates or let us know. Better yet, let us know you're interested and buy a Bike Strap.
What makes the Daily Grind different from all the other gravel grinders? We love getting out and exploring the hills of Marin as much as any other bike aficionados. But most bikes see this kind of action only a couple of days a month. We've designed a bike that loves to be ridden on wild weekend adventures just as much as it loves your daily commute.
Why a 3-speed? The Daily Grind is heavily inspired by the simplicity of a single speed cyclocross bike. With a 3-speed hub you'll get a simple, low-maintenance experience without sacrificing hill climbing or top speed. Not to mention the 3-speed hub is the lightest and most efficient internally geared hub you can put on a bike.
What work is left to be done? For the base model, not much. We're dialing in tire clearance, testing out fenders, and tweaking the geometry right now. After these final tweaks earn the Modeo Seal of Approval the next major hurdle will be financing a minimum order. The Cargo Edition is further out.
Will that rad silver paint job scratch? The bike is not painted, it's electroplated nickel-chrome. The base layer of nickel is excellent for corrosion resistance, but nickel is soft and can scratch. The outer layer of chromium is exceptionally hard making it perfect for resisting scratches and protecting your investment.
Will the Daily Grind be available in Bike Shops? We're hoping!
What is the frame made out of? Chromoly steel.
Will it come in other colors? Initially just silver. But we are testing other finishes for durability and hope to add more colors over time.
What is the size/radius/length of the X? We're still finalizing the spec. If you want to send us an email we'd be happy to nerd out on some numbers, but nothing is set in stone at this time.